Abbott House

Abbott House dates from 1923 when the then Headmaster Rev John Forster, established three Houses to ‘to create a better basis for competitive sports’.

Abbott House strives to serve as a ‘home away from home’ where boys can thrive in their academic and extracurricular pursuits. From afternoon touch football sessions, weekend activities and house events to extra support during prep time, Abbott House provides the perfect school-life balance.

Overseeing everyday life of the Abbott boys is the staff team lead by Mr Adam Whalley as Head of House, Ms Dominique Riddell as his deputy, and four residential duty staff.  Mr Whalley and his wife live in a residence adjacent to the house.When Abbott House became a boarding establishment in 1964, boys were housed in ‘Meadowfield’ and in the ‘Cottage’ (the original part of the present Medical Centre). A new purpose-built boarding house for Abbott, designed by Old Boy Reg Magoffin, was built in 1971 and opened in 1972.

Excitingly 2010 saw the commencement of major renovations with an additional 20 beds, new bathrooms and one staff residence being added to the House. This was completed in September 2011 and the boys today are beneficiaries of this change.

Keep an eye on the Abbott House news page for information about  House events and news.

Head of House: Mr Adam Whalley

Contact:  By Email or mobile 0408 898 107

Deputy Head of House: Ms Dominique Riddell
on 0414 410 729 or email

Abbott House Office: 0439 041 627  or Email